It’s Plastic Free July and we’re inviting you to join our online community for the RefillNZ Litterati Challenge. Using the free Litterati App, we’re encouraging Kiwis to photograph, tag, and dispose of litter that’s found its way into the environment. Download the app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
We’re aiming for 100,000 pieces of litter in JulyThe Litterati App enables us all to easily see the places and types of litter people have recorded seeing throughout Aotearoa - right down to the street level. This data shows us which places are the cleanest and which companies are producing the most waste. The more litter we record, the clearer this picture will become. We’ve set up a face-off between the North Island and the South Island, to see who can photograph, tag and collect the most litter during Plastic Free July!
How it worksThe Litterati App allows you to photograph litter before disposing of it. The app will add a tag where you are and will also suggest tags for the type of rubbish it is.
- Download the app (make sure 'location' is turned on in your phone settings!)
- Enter the challenge code for your Island North Island: REFILLNTH, South Island: REFILLNZST
- Photograph litter you find when out and about
- Tag your location and the type of litter it is
- Put the litter in the bin or recycle it if possible